Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer?
An experienced New Jersey attorney ready to help
You may have a lot of questions following a car accident in New Jersey. One of them may be, “do I need a lawyer?” It can be tempting to just want to get the whole thing over with as quickly as possible. You may just want to get a settlement from the insurance company and move on. But it’s often more complicated than that.
Attorney David Leigh of The Leigh Law Firm, P.C. knows what you are going through and is ready to help. He is committed to helping the injured in Millburn and throughout Essex and Union counties recover financial compensation after an accident. And he’s not afraid of putting in the hard work needed to get the results they need and deserve.
You’ve been injured in a crash caused by another driver. Your injuries need treatment and medical expenses are adding up quickly. You may not be able to work because of your injuries. You may think of just letting the insurance companies handle it. But it’s important to remember that the goal of insurance companies is to pay you as little as possible.
How can a car accident attorney help me?
A lawyer can give you legal advice and guide you through the legal process every step of the way. If you choose our firm, attorney David Leigh can:
- Listen to your description of what happened and how your life has been impacted.
- Explain your legal options for recovering financial compensation from the negligent party or parties.
- Give you an idea of what to expect during the legal process if you file a lawsuit.
- Make sure you get all the medical treatment you require for your accident-related injuries.
- Help you fill out forms and other paperwork related to your case to ensure there are no mistakes that could result in delays.
- Investigate your car accident to gather evidence.
- Carefully review your official New Jersey accident report. This report will include important information about the accident and the other driver involved.
- Interview witnesses to the accident about what they saw.
- Consult accident reconstruction experts and other specialists, as needed. These experts can provide valuable insight into how the accident happened.
- Deal with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf. We know the tactics they use to try to limit compensation and don’t put up with them.
- File a lawsuit against the negligent party in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Make sure all deadlines are met, including the deadline for filing a lawsuit in New Jersey. Your suit must be filed within two years after the date of your accident.
- Give you updates about the progress of your case.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company that meets your needs. You are not obligated to accept any offer and can always ask for more money. An experienced attorney can help guide you through the process.
- Answer any questions or address any concerns you have along the way. At our firm, you can call your lawyer directly.
- Present your case at trial if a settlement can’t be reached.
An attorney who puts himself in your shoes
Earlier in his career, attorney Leigh used to represent insurance companies in accident cases. He knows how adjusters approach claims and is familiar with the tactics they use to limit compensation. They may question the seriousness of your injuries or argue they were pre-existing. They make lowball settlement offers that don’t cover all of your damages.
He has also seen how an insurance company treated a family member who was hurt in an accident. It was a confusing and frustrating process. Just being treated fairly seemed like an uphill battle. He knows that it often seems that the insurance company just doesn’t care.
We think you deserve better. Attorney Leigh is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of injured clients by fighting for the financial compensation they deserve. He’s not interested in making quick deals with the insurance companies to help them save money. He’s interested in what’s best for you. He puts in the hard work needed to build a case that insurance companies have to take seriously.
There’s no downside to a free case consultation
You may wonder if you need a car accident lawyer or even if you have a case. But you should get legal advice to at least know where you stand. It costs nothing to talk to us and there’s no obligation. We just want you to have the information you need to help you decide what happens next.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation at our Millburn office or another location that is convenient for you.